Regularly Scheduled Meetings
Fourth Monday each month, 6:30 p.m.
Commission Conference Room,
Decatur City Hall,
509 N. McDonough St.
(from left, back row)
Anne Morris, chair
Terri Kruzan, vice chair
About the Lifelong Community Advisory Board
The city is currently implementing 2010 Strategic Plan tasks to further establish Decatur as a Lifelong Community that will encourage people to be residents here throughout their lives, and to provide the ability to age in place. In February 2013, the Decatur City Commission authorized the creation of a Lifelong Community Advisory Board to assist with the expansion and implementation of the City’s Lifelong Community initiatives. Members of the board were appointed at the City Commission meeting on July 17, 2013.
The board's responsibilities include:
- Support programs and resources for senior citizens in nonprofit organizations, community organizations, and other organizations.
- Assist city staff with outreach to senior citizens, people with disabilities, and diverse populations to encourage participation in available programs and to develop new programs.
- Assist with the implementation of Lifelong Community initiatives.
- Provide recommendations in all subject areas of Lifelong Community, including housing, transportation, and mobility.
- Assist city staff in working with stakeholder groups to implement program objectives and activities.
|Lifelong Community Advisory Board Meeting||06/26/2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Lifelong Community Advisory Board Meeting||07/24/2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Lifelong Community Advisory Board Meeting||08/28/2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Lifelong Community Advisory Board Meeting||09/25/2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|
|Lifelong Community Advisory Board Meeting||10/23/2017 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM||Not Included|