Winter Weather Update
Although there was no snow in the city, there was freezing rain that has formed into ice on tree limbs. Because of this, we are experiencing downed trees and associated power outages- GA Power crews are in the area.
Roads are generally passable, but we are encouraging people to not drive unless it is necessary. If it is necessary, please do so with caution.
Incidents involving Trees Down/Powerlines Down
- 1 large tree down at the intersection of Oakland St & Ponce Place.
- 1 large tree down at 327 Adams Street. Power lines are down.
- 1 large tree down across the roadway of Greenwood Ave & Evans Dr. Powerlines are down.
- Bridge between Paden Circle & Chief Mathews Frozen over
- Sam’s Crossing Bridge iced over
Check back periodically for updates.